Everyone tries very hard to make their home look beautiful and attractive. But are you aware with the facts that even grouts and tiles are needed to be cleaned very often? If the tiles and grouts are dirty and untidy then it’s obvious your home will look dull. So it is very important to clean the tiles and grouts regularly.
It is necessary to avoid the dirty look, bad odor and discoloration of the tiles and grout. Cleaning the tiles and grouts in a proper manner is surely a challenging work to do, but
Here are few myths about tile and grout cleaning, maintenance and repair,
- Try to mop every day, if possible, to avoid dirt on the tiles and grouts. If you are not able to clean the tiles and grouts every day, then you will have to mop the floor at least twice a day.
- Mop the floor with clean and neat water. Unclean water may increase the dullness of the floor and the dirt on the floor.
- Mop all the places and corners properly. Make sure you mop all the portions of the floor completely. Ignoring the corners and grouts will be dirty and unclean.
- Try to use a proper cleaning solution to clean the grouts. If the cleaning solution you have selected is not proper then it may cause damage or discoloration on the tiles and floor.
- If you are thinking that soaking the entire floor with soap water will reduce the dirt on the floor, then you are completely wrong.
- It’s not a correct method to clean the tiles and grouts. The tiles and grouts should not be soaked with soapy water.
- Just use the soap solution and water to clean the tiles and grouts. Do not let soap solution to dry on the floor for a long time.
Using Bleach is not advisable:
- Bleach is a cleaning agent that may remove the deep stains on the tiles and grouts.
- Bleach may help in removing all the dirt and black spots on the tiles and grouts. It may also whiten the floor and tiles.
- Using bleach on the tiles and grouts make them lose their shine and week as well. Bleach deteriorates the tiles and grouts.
- So make sure you use a proper tile and grout cleaning solution.
Using brushes to clean:
- You can also use brushes to clean the tiles and the grouts.
- Make sure you don’t rub that in a very strong manner. Just try to rub the tiles and grouts in a very smooth and soft manner.
Tiles and grout care:
- Tiles and grout become dirty like other materials at home. But they are the places that people don’t consider properly.
- Thereby they end up making the tiles and grouts dirty.
- So it is better to call a professional also sometimes if you are not able to clean the tiles and grouts completely.
The above given are a few myths about the tiles and grout cleaning, repairing and maintaining.